Villa For Sale
This enchanting home is perfectly situated in coveted southwest Pasadena. Classic architectural details and generously proportioned rooms are the hallmarks of this 1908 Colonial Revival home. The beauty and timelessness of the original fine architecture have been preserved through meticulous and extensive restorations. Flooded in natural lights, the home is a unique blend of comfort and elegance.
Tiger eye hardwood floors, elegant panel molding and graceful arches accent the main floor rooms. Four spacious bedrooms and two exquisite spa bathrooms comprise the second floor. The master suite boasting a walk-in closet and adjoining office retreat offer tranquil garden views.
The generously sized kitchen with distinctive Italian granite, custom cabinetry, farmhouse sink and Sub-Zero refrigerator/freezer, is the central gathering place of the home and flows seamlessly to the resplendent brick patio for al fresco dining. Located on the main floor, the fifth bedroom and a second office retreat adjoin the garden.
Three outdoor patios including a classic brick fireplace make the deep yard ideal for entertaining. With new cedar shingles, the home is in its essence, a brand new home built upon the integrity of yesteryear. The two-car detached garage includes a large finished storage loft with maple flooring. This Pasadena treasure has a new foundation, rebuilt chimney, copper plumbing, new electrical wiring, recessed lighting, restored windows, dual zone HVAC and state of the art security system.
• New foundation and earthquake retrofit
• Rebuilt chimney with newly installed steel liner.
• Split system central air and heat
• Updated electrical system
• Added recessed lighting, new light fixtures and chandeliers
• Updated plumbing
• State of the art security system
• Refinished floors with Bona Traffic floor refinisher
• Restoration of all double-hung windows
• Installed custom wood window screens with Bettervue invisible screens
• Renovated kitchen
• Restoration or replacement of all window and door hardware
• Gut renovated upstairs bathroom relocating its entrance
• Altered upstairs floor plan
• Added custom closet and cabinetry to new second floor bedroom.
• Built new custom master bedroom closet doors
• Custom closet and cabinetry in first floor bedroom
• Installed solid walnut floors in first floor bedroom and office
• Painted house interior with Farrow & Ball paint
• Restored living room mantle and gold leafed architectural details
• Re-sided exterior of home with cedar shingles
• Painted exterior trims and doors with Farrow & Ball paint
• Built new custom garage doors
• Replaced garage door hardware with hand-forged Acorn hardware
• Updated landscape including removal of a protected fallen Live Oak tree with approval from the City of Pasadena Forestry Superintendent
Mark A. McLaughlin
Pacific Union International